Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

If the pre-requisite of going to heaven will be passing a temper test, I'm afraid I'm not gonna make it. Thanks God it isn't because I just failed one today.

Phone rings...

me: Yes, hello?

cashier: Yes, hello emdyey..do you know how much this fucicort is?

me: I don't know but you can refer to the system.

cashier: But the system is not working.

me: Ok, refer then to the box.

cashier: Emdyey the system is not working.

me: Cashier, yes I know that the system is not working. That is why I'm telling you to look at the box. The price is there. (starting to get annoyed)

cashier:  Yes, so how much is this?

me: (What the heck?! eeerrr.....is really getting annoyed. was my instruction hard to understand?Didn't she hear what I just said.)  Listen to me, You are asking for the price right?

cashier: Yes.

me: The system is not working right?

cashier: Yes.

me: So, look at the box of that medicine there you will see the price, got it?

cashier: I don't know.

me: Cashier, just look at the box!  errrrrrrrrrr ok ok I will go there.


Little did I know, she didn't have the medicine with her. When I asked her to hand me over the medicine so we could both look at the price, she said she doesn't have it. It was like I suddenly got hypertensive and unconsciously raised my voice. 

"Why didn't you tell me that you don't have it? You should have told me right away so I could have done something about it!"

There, I lost my temper. It was so shameful because a patient overheard us arguing. That patient suddenly interrupted us and started to explain that she only needed to compare the price. Unfortunately, I have this very strong feeling that she's gonna be my patient tomorrow. Errrrr!..What a shame.

It is so inexcusable for her not to remember the price of a certain medicine knowing that she encounters it everyday. This is the same cashier that reported me to the manager because according to her I didn't help her look for the price of a certain laboratory procedure. See how irritating? She's the cashier and yet she expected me to know the price for her?   Isn't it her sole responsibility? Everyday she has a lot of flaws and she never learn her lesson. What a lame-o.

I've been here for exactly two years and one month and I never got used of the capacity (both cranial and attitude) of the people belonging to race other than mine. And I think, I am soooooo not going to be used to it. Its not that I am a racist. I am not a racist. Well ok I admit it, I mean let's admit it. Everyone of us regardless of race tend to judge other people but it doesn't necessarily mean that he/she is a racist. There are just situations that it is inevitable to judge others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment