Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010



If beauty is in the eye of the beholder does it also mean interpretation is in the ear of the listener? Well, I never thought that this song that has been giving me LSS could mean in a different way on my room mate's point of view. I know it was partially a joke but with that sarcastic slash funny grin, we knew very well what it meant.

V: "Yes of course it is better, so you'll have a reserve!"

Me: "Haha, loka-loka! I never thought about it until you told me ok? What I meant was it is better to have someone special in your life than nothing."

Somebody is torn between two lovers. Did I just sing a song? Oh well, oddly as it seems but I understand her. I really do. I used to despise people who are infidel to their lovers. Why would they love two people in the first place? Isn't it cheating? Probably they have their reasons of doing so. They must have a reason and I respect it.

I dreamed of a perfect love story when I was little. My own prince charming with his nice set of teeth smiling at me as if I'm the prettiest princess in the kingdom. His eyes seeing only me like glued. But as I grew up, I realized that there isn't any perfect love story. Every one else has their fair share of a failed relationship. A teenager crying over her first love, a girl in her mid 20's  that is so depressed because she thought he's really the one and even a mother of two in her mid 30's who just had divorce after his husband cheated and eloped with another woman. There comes a time when you'll wake up and realize that you are just trap in a "perfect" situation. Your prince charming turned out to be an ugly brown frog  be a supporting character in your story called life.

Accepting the fact that love story can't always be perfect doesn't mean that I am a pessimistic bitch. Of course I still dream of it. Its just that it doesn't come right away, the way you dreamed about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment