Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Seeing me lying quietly on my bed and momentarily smiling a bit would probably make somebody think I'm crazy. Waha, no I'm not. Today, I talked to Pan. It is a big surprise for me. I bet she was surprised as well. We were not in talking condition for the past months and we surely hate each other. But, yes! We talked today.

HN was forced to scrub out while we were doing fat injection. The fat was so thick that it got clogged in the syringe. Boom! Like a projectile vomittus, it landed all over her scrub suit and face. Eewwk, it was such a mess. So, I took over and scrubbed. Like a couple of minutes later, Pan appeared.

She might have been requested by HN to help. Oh! well, If only HN wasn't scrubbed out because of an OR blooper, I wouldn't had worked with Pan. We used to work harmoniously. Not until those various incidents that made us distant to each other. To my surprise, we did worked well together...still. Or, maybe because the circumstance called for it...at least. 

Then I said, "Thank you". I meant it. I really do.

She said, "Ok lang". and made her way out of the OR.

It made me pause and almost made me laugh. Not with sarcasm alright? But with innocent laughter. Did it just happen? Did I just talk to her after I sworn to myself not to even look at her? I realized that I have this unique talent of putting away my interpersonal conflicts for the sake of professionalism. The thing is, I was somehow happy that I said thank you. It is as if my heart was unloaded with tons of heavy objects. It became lighter. Like a relief from thirst after drinking an icy cold water.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment