Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009



Friendship indeed surpasses the test of time. It never die nor fade away. You may part ways yet time will also bring you back together.

Yesterday, I dreamed of my best friend way back in elementary years. She just came from a vacation and was very happy and excited to hug and tell me that she missed me.

The last time we saw each other was when I visited my cousins in Valenzuela sometime in 1997 . We were riding in a jeepney when somebody was running after us. It was her. (O diba parang eksena sa Meteor garden, hinahabol ni Dao si San Chai).

We were classmates in my four elementary years in Caruhatan. I was then a transferee, a bit timid and shy for I don't know anyone. Not until someone approached and talked to me. We clicked and tagged ourselves as "Campus Girls" together with 2 other girl friends. Campus Girls was a hit movie back then, I was Vina and she was Donna. We were carefree little ladies. I used to stay at their home after class, of which my father didn't know until now. If he had known then he wouldn't have allowed me. He is such a Hitler. If we're not in the mood of doing homework, we would just kill the time by watching home tv shopping, eating lucky me pancit canton which I had no idea how it's being cooked (simple lang pala) and take pictures with my good old film-packed camera (Hindi pa uso ang digicam noon kaya laging sumasakit ulo ng papa ko sa pagpapadevelop ng pictures namin hehehe). Those were the days when we knew nothing but fun. I so miss it. I so miss her.

The dream was so vivid and I felt the emotion too much that I immediately looked for her on facebook as soon as I woke up. I typed her full name and I was overwhelmed to see her! God! I missed this girl so much. She said she was looking for me as well from the very day she made her facebook account. We exchanged messages  already and is hoping to finally catch each other online on yahoo messenger. It will be a lengthy catching up. Imagine? We were apart for more than a decade. I'm so excited to talk to her. Thank you facebook, I owe you a lot.

 "Sometimes in life, you find a special friend. Someone who changes your life just by being a part of it. Someone who makes you laugh until you can't stop. Someone who makes you believe that there really is good in the world. Someone who convinces you that there really is an unlocked door just waiting for you to open it. This is forever friendship. When you're down and the world seems dark and empty, your forever friend lifts you up in spirit and makes that dark and empty world suddenly seem bright and full. Your forever friend gets you through the hard times, the sad times and the confused times. If you turn and walk away, your forever friend follows. If you lose your way, your forever friend guides you and cheers you on. Your forever friend holds your hand and tells you that everything is going to be okay. And if you find such a friend, you feel happy and complete because you need not worry. You have a forever friend, and forever has no end." 
---Unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment